The Hampshire, Franklin, and Hampden Agricultural Society's Fairgrounds is located in Northampton, Massachusetts. This facility is at the geographical center of New England, as well as near the intersections of Interstate 90 (the Mass Turnpike) and Interstate 91. Access to the grounds is easy and convenient from all points in the east. Many motels, hotels and restaurants are located downtown, just minutes from the fairgrounds.
The scenic Holyoke Range provides the backdrop for the fifty acres of fairgrounds. The 250' x 150' Arena is available for trade shows and horse shows. Restroom and shower facilities are located in the building. The Grandstand, with seating for 1800, overlooks the track and a 200' x 100' outdoor show ring. There are numerous livestock and horse barns with both box and free standing stalls. Three outdoor stonedust rings (100'x235', 230'x130' and 260'x180' are available. Parking is available on both sides of the grounds.
The 3-County Fair is the oldest continuously operated agricultural fair still running in the United States.
In addition to the annual Fair, the facility has been a host to numerous horse shows. The New England Morgan Horse Show, held in July, attracts over 1000 horses from across the eastern states. Other horse shows have included Quarter Horses, Paint, Hunter/Jumpers, Reining and Arabian.
Overall, the 3-County Fairgrounds offers first-class facilities for every event, from craft shows to livestock shows. The facilities are reasonably priced and a complete package price for your event may be obtained.
For more information, please contact: Three County Fairgrounds, Office, P.O. Box 305, Northampton, MA 01061, or call (413) 584-2237.
THE PIONEER VALLEY
WELCOME TO PARADISE - "This small city offers more restaurants and shops, certainly more galleries, theaters and performance venues than most urban centers dozens of times its size. Add two rivers, mountain views, landscaped parks and meadow walks, and you begin to see why people call it paradise." --Boston Globe.
HOW TO GET HERE
- From the North:
- Take I-91 South, Exit 20
- At traffic light, left on Damon Road
- At next light, right onto Route 9
- 1/4 mile, fairgrounds on left.
- From the South:
- Take I-91 North, Exit 19
- Bear left on Route 9
- 1/4 mile, fairgrounds on left.
Note - When you are getting directions, please enter 41 Fair Street, Northampton, MA 01060 as the destination. Directions from where you live
- 17 - 18 MASS QUARTER YOUTH & NOVICE OPEN HORSE SHOW (www.massqha.com)
- 24 HAMPSHIRE CONSERVATION Tree & Shrub Sale (in Exhibition Hall) (413-585-1000)
- 30 - 5/2 CONN. ARABIAN HORSE SHOW
- 6 - 9 MASS QUARTER HORSE SHOW (www.massqha.com)
- 22 - 23 4-H CATTLE CAMP (in Cattle Barn)
- 29 - 31 SPRINGTIME IN PARADISE ARTS FESTIVAL (www.paradise-city.com)
- 11 - 13 VT QUARTER HORSE SHOW (www.vtqha.com)
- 25 - 26 1ST ANNUAL NORTHEAST PULLING SHOOT OUT
- Lucas Oil Super Modified 4wd Trucks
- Lucas Oil Super Modified 2wd Trucks
- Shine and Swap( Big Rig Truck & Swap Meet)
- 28 - 7/2 NORTHEAST BENEFIT HORSE SHOW (508-759-9512)
- 9 - 11 THE REGIONAL 4-H HORSE SHOW
- 25 - 31 N. E. MORGAN HORSE SHOW (www.nemha.com)
- 7 - 8 CONN RENEGADE SHOOTERS
- 11 - 15 NORTHAMPTON HUNTER/JUMPER HORSE SHOW (www.biscuithillfarm.com)
- 18 - 22 NORTHEAST REINING HORSE ASSOCIATION SHOW "Super Slide In" (www.nerha.com)
- 28 PIONEER ROLLER DERBY
- 3 - 6 THREE COUNTY FAIR
- 11 - 12 MASS 4-H STATE HORSE SHOW
- 25 LGBT CONCERT
- 30 - 10/3 MASS HORSEMEN'S COUNCIL CHAMPION HORSE SHOW (508-759-9512)
- 9 - 11 PARADISE CITY ARTS FESTIVAL (www.paradise-city.com)
- 22 NEW ENGLAND HOLSTEIN SALE
For information on this year's events or to book your own event, call 413-584-2237.